External Speaking Program for HubSpotters
HubSpot gets a lot of speaking requests -- more than we can handle, and at a variety of levels. So we've started a speaking program to prepare more speakers and share these opportunities across the team.
Here's how to take advantage of this program:
- Join Toastmasters.
- Join our meetings: we meet every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 6pm in Benioff.
- Once you've attended at least two meetings and participated (taken a role) in at least one, you can become an official member! Bonus: HubSpot pays the dues for HubSpotter members.
- Talk to Sarah Bedrick, VP Membership, about signing up -- she'll have you fill out a membership form and you'll be good to go.
- The first speech just gets you up in front of the group, and the second can be an opportunity to practice a specific presentation. Speeches are 5-7 minutes and you'll get feedback from someone in the group on how to improve.
- Schedule your speech by signing up in the meeting google doc.
- Your buddy/mentor is someone who knows how Toastmasters and the speaking program works, so can answer your questions. Also your buddy is there to give you feedback and encourage you to keep going through the program, and, ultimately, recommend you for speaking engagements.
- Once you become a member, talk to Matthew Stein or Maggie Georgieva, our VPs Education, to get matched with someone.
- Amanda Iglesias guest lectured at Babson College in Wellesley, MA
- Ellie Mirman spoke at DemandCon in Boston, MA
- Rachel Sprung spoke on a panel with the Boston University Marketing Club in Boston, MA
- Rick Burnes spoke at NEDMA's Marketing Technology Summit in Boston, MA
- Sarah Bedrick presented the HubSpot Academy SEO webinar series
- See http://www.hubspot.com/company/internet-marketing-events/ for more